Nudity in the eveni...

Notifications
Clear all

Nudity in the evening

Page 4 / 4
morningsun
(@morningsun)
Eminent Member

Hello Kog, this sounds interesting. I have been to VP in 2017 and I remember going naked during the day in Hotel Street but not in the night.
I would like to know in which bar have you been naked after 8 PM without problem? Broadway? Benito's? I have been in Puntonat with no problem a couple of nights but it was outside Hotel Street.
I have eaten without clothes at El Balconcito one day and the owner was very friendly but now there is a new owner under a new name (Four Seasons), do you know if it's still possible to go nude ?? I am planning to return this year !
Thank you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/02/2020 9:47 am
RobnDee
(@robertjary)
Trusted Member

Here's an update on what appears to be the current status of accepted nudity in bars on Hotel Street. If they're not below, it's unlikely that they're naturist friendly.

Benitos – naturist friendly
Casa Conchita - naturist friendly
Blue Parrot - outside bar naturist friendly and a sun trap from 6pm to 7:30pm – must put something on to go inside, but they’ll bring you drinks and food
Koa - naturist friendly as long as you’re outside during the day
17 – above Koa, bar with views and live music, naturist friendly
Bar La Reva - naturist friendly for drinks outside
4 Seasons (was El Balconcito) naturist friendly for drinks and meals
Paso Doble – sheltered from wind, naturist friendly
Oh-La-La – sun trap in the evening, naturist friendly

Pirate Bar – naturist friendly
Inna’s – naturist friendly
Sol y Luna - naturist friendly
PuntoNat and La Golondrina - naturist friendly

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/02/2020 5:22 pm
jacko
(@jacko)

Thank you so much Rob for this update about accepted nudity in bars, highly appreciated indeed !  !!:)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/02/2020 12:15 am
morningsun
(@morningsun)
Eminent Member

Thanks for the update. I understand that those places accept naked people in the evening as well as in daytime.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/02/2020 9:35 am
John Devon
(@john-devon)
Trusted Member

When we were there in September, Frankie's had a singer on after 8.0 pm. There was a naturist couple drinking there outside without being hassled by anyone, aa far as I could tell.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/02/2020 5:23 pm
Phil B-C
(@nelson)
Member Admin

I understand that those places accept naked people in the evening as well as in daytime.

Not necessarily !

HOTEL STREET:
Benitos – naturist friendly .... During the day.
Casa Conchita - naturist friendly .... During the day.
Blue Parrot - outside naturist friendly .... During the day.
Koa - outside naturist friendly .... During the day.
17 (above Koa) bar with views and live music, naturist friendly .... During the day.
Bar La Reva - outside naturist friendly .... During the day.
4 Seasons (was El Balconcito) naturist friendly .... During the day.
Broadway .... During the day.

NATURIST ZONE:
Paso Doble – sheltered from wind, naturist friendly .... Day and night.
Oh-La-La – sun trap in the evening, naturist friendly .... Day and night.
Pirate Bar – naturist friendly .... Day and night.
Inna’s – naturist friendly .... Day and night.
Sol y Luna - naturist friendly .... Day and night.
PuntoNat - naturist friendly.... Day and night.
La Golondrina - naturist friendly .... Day and night.

It must also be emphasised (as has been explained elsewhere in this forum) that whilst some establishments in Hotel Street "may" be naturist friendly one day, they may not be the next. 
It all seems to depend on how busy they are and/or the percentage of "textile" patrons at the time.  Nothing (particularly in Hotel Street) is written in stone !

As has been said many many times, Hotel Street is traditionally "textile" 8pm - 8am.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/03/2020 5:32 pm
morningsun
(@morningsun)
Eminent Member

Thanks Phil  !!:)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/03/2020 12:19 pm
Phil B-C
(@nelson)
Member Admin

I really didn't want to post this but, in order to set the record straight once and for all .... 

I still have to this day one of my early Vera Playa maps (going back to 2009) where it clearly shows (and my wife and I distinctly remember) that the only way from the "official naturist zone" to Hotel Street (even for pedestrians) was to take a detour out of the naturist zone, up to the main Villaricos to Garrucha road, then back down Hotel Street (from the beginning) before eventually reaching the bars and restaurants. 

For those of you who don't remember (and those who are more than obviously new to the area) not only the vehicle but even the pedestrian access to Hotel Street was physically blocked off from the naturist zone by fencing just North of the entrance to Natura World.

We naturists (my wife and I included) are basically "getting away with being naked during the day" in Hotel Street as otherwise businesses would possibly not survive (as well as they are) unless we were dressed (in which case, we wouldn't actually go to Hotel Street during the day).  So the phrase "naturist friendly" perhaps could/should be interpreted as "naturist tolerant for the sake of preserving their livelihood" !

Please, please, please, don't abuse the compromise that businesses in Hotel Street have made over recent years (and are still making now) by pushing the boundaries past the traditional "naked at the permitted (tolerated) hours between 8am to 8pm" rule.

You only have to upset a minority of "textiles" (customers or indeed business owners) as "textiles" are by far the majority population who could stir up a hornet's nest to petition the powers that be to erect official signs and pass a by-law banning being naked in Hotel Street altogether !
That would be a great loss as my wife and I both look forward to a naked lunchtime drink and snack in the heat of the day (and we particularly like some of the establishments in Hotel Street) but no doubt the martyrs who take joy in inciting others to also push the boundaries would have moved on to somewhere else by then !

You heard it here first !

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/03/2020 5:11 pm
Page 4 / 4
Share: