Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Problems creating albums and uploading photos

Page 1 / 2
Phil B-C
(@nelson)
Member Admin

Inspired by our new members eddyandclair's example, Sue (my wife) suggested that perhaps it's time we all abandon our shyness, bite the bullet and make use of the media gallery - the thought being that nobody posts in the gallery because nobody else has .... until, of course, eddyandclair came along 

Sue's thought was for us to ease into it gently by initially posting a few "historic" naturist pictures (we have been naturists for many years) .... we'll work up towards anything more current  LOL.

Let's hope eddyandclair breaking the deadlock and Sue and I following suit will also encourage others to join in ?  🙂

There is strength in numbers, but if no one else enters into the spirit of things, we'll delete the lot, give up and post some pictures of some flowers !

Topic starter Posted : 29/05/2018 5:03 pm
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Great idea Phil, but unfortunately the forum software seems impenetrably complex!  I have created an album, but there seems to be no way to add pictures to it.  I've looked at the "simple instructions" in the media gallery section, and they make no sense.  I'm only a simple graduate engineer, so take it easy with me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2018 6:25 pm
Phil B-C
(@nelson)
Member Admin

Hi Andreas,

No problem, we'll take another look at the instructions and see if they can be simplified (don't tell Alan, but I had problems too  LOL).

Phil

See revised (pictorial) instructions

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/05/2018 6:29 pm
eddyandclair
(@eddyandclair)
Eminent Member

Great idea Phil, but unfortunately the forum software seems impenetrably complex!  I have created an album, but there seems to be no way to add pictures to it.  I've looked at the "simple instructions" in the media gallery section, and they make no sense.  I'm only a simple graduate engineer, so take it easy with me...

it looked a little confusing to me at first too.
basically (iirc) you create an album first, add a title, but leave everything else as default. click submit
Then go to the album and click the "add an item to this album" button
select a photo and and leave everything as default.  > click submit === job done or repeat 

Hope this helps!

living life, loving not hating

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2018 6:29 pm
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I can't see "add an item to this album" anywhere.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2018 6:34 pm
eddyandclair
(@eddyandclair)
Eminent Member

go to My albums (or click here http://www.veraplayafriends.com/index.php?action=media;area=mya )
there should be a list of your albums (the one you just created?) > click the name of the album
On the next page, there should now be a "add an item to this album"
(i am looking on a PC. dont know if it is different on a mobile....)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2018 6:37 pm
eddyandclair
(@eddyandclair)
Eminent Member

Or PS
I assume this is your album http://www.veraplayafriends.com/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=30
the "add an item to this album" should be on this page

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2018 6:38 pm
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Or PS
I assume this is your album http://www.veraplayafriends.com/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=30

That's my album, but clicking on it gives me this...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2018 6:45 pm
eddyandclair
(@eddyandclair)
Eminent Member

Or PS

ohh
2 mins i will try recreate the same issue

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2018 6:46 pm
eddyandclair
(@eddyandclair)
Eminent Member

Or PS

I think i found the issue

Click on "edit" (on your album page)

There should be a field called "Permission profile" > select default profile from the select box, click Submit

this should or may then show the "add an item to this album" button....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2018 6:52 pm
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

No, that doesn't work either.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2018 7:03 pm
eddyandclair
(@eddyandclair)
Eminent Member

try now please?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2018 7:08 pm
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

No, doesn't work. I've deleted the album title.  If the forum hosts seriously want participation, they have to make things more accessible.  I'm very supportive of this forum, but there must be an easier way of adding info and pics to it!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2018 7:12 pm
eddyandclair
(@eddyandclair)
Eminent Member

No, doesn't work. I've deleted the album title.  If the forum hosts seriously want participation, they have to make things more accessible.  I'm very supportive of this forum, but there must be an easier way of adding info and pics to it!

Hmm, OK sorry i could not help more. seemed to work first time for me. Maybe Admin just need to look at what permissions you are granted, maybe it is an oversight of a box needed ticking in their admin section.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2018 7:18 pm
Phil B-C
(@nelson)
Member Admin

Ok, let's see if the modified instructions work any better ?

See "Media Gallery Guidelines and instructions"

Phil

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/05/2018 7:22 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: