Vera Playa Friends Privacy and Data Security Policy
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy and personal data that we hold of our members. In compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR) this document sets out how we use and safeguard your personal information and your rights in relation to it. For the purposes of GDPR compliance, the Vera Playa Friends Administration is the Data Controller in this matter.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, operating system, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
- Information relating to any exchange carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including personal information collected during the online application for new membership and any subsequent information that you may pass to us.
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
How secure is the information you give to us?
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of the personal data that we have stored on our server.
- Your data is stored on secured servers within the UK and we will not transfer your data outside the UK or EU without your consent.
- The hosting company that provides our servers is fully compliant with the requirements of GDPR.
- Please note however that where you are transmitting information to us over the internet this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious risk.
Sharing of information
We will not disclose to, sell to or share your information to any external or third party, with the following exceptions:
- To the extent that we are required to do so under English law.
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings established by UK Statutory bodies
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to UK Statutory bodies for the purposes of fraud prevention.
How long do we keep your information?
- We will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as you are a member of Vera Playa Friends and for as long afterwards as it is in the our legitimate interest to do so or for as long as is necessary to comply with our current legal obligations; for the purposes of our legitimate interests in operating the site/forum; and in order to be able to comply with future legal obligations e.g. to exercise or defend any subsequent legal claims.
- We will review your personal data every year to establish whether we are still entitled to process it.
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit websites. They are used by the vast majority of websites today. We use two types of Cookie on Vera Playa Friends.
- Temporary Cookies which our web server needs to enable you to navigate the website. These Cookies are deleted from your computer when you leave the site and/or close your web browser window.
- Persistent Cookies which automatically expire after a short but set period of time. These are set as you log in and will contain information that will authenticate you as a Vera Playa Friends member and store any preferences you may have set while visiting the website.
We never set Cookies which store or transmit any personal information which you have given to Vera Playa Friends.
You have rights under the GDPR:
- to access your personal data
- to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed
- to have your personal data corrected
- to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances
- to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed
- to have your personal data transferred to yourself
You have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner:
Address: Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House. Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF | Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Further Information/Contacting Us
For more details, please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to our Data Controller via firstname.lastname@example.org